Top British Poker Players Look to Dominate the World Series of Poker 2005 in Las Vegas.ISLE OF MAN - Prima Poker, the world's largest online poker network, announced today that the Hendon Mob, four of Britain's top professional poker players, have arrived in Las Vegas to embark on a six-week mission for gold in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2005.
With 36 poker tournaments in 41 days, Ram "Crazy Horse" Vaswani, Barny Boatman, Joe "The Elegance" Beevers, and "Rocky" Ross Boatman will descend on the Rio to secure as many gold bracelets as possible, the highly coveted symbol of poker's elite. While the odds may be stacked against them with more players expected in the tournament this year than ever before, don't tell the Hendon Mob.
"We have a big job ahead, but we're prepared to put the blinkers on and focus on poker for the next month and a half," said Barny Boatman (7 Card Stud player) of the Hendon Mob. "Poker is our livelihood and this is the world championship. We won't be satisfied until one of us wins a gold bracelet."
With that said, the Hendon Mob is willing to talk Hold'em, Omaha or Seven Card Stud with anyone that will listen. They will be available throughout the next six weeks to provide insight and live updates from the WSOP. To date, The Mob has demonstrated their poker skills on Fox Sports Net, NBC, ABC and FOX, tutored "Cousin Sal" on Jimmy Kimmel Live and have been featured in the WPT and the 2004 WSOP on ESPN.
The Hendon Mob includes the following players:
- Ram "Crazy Horse" Vaswani - Best known for his many different styles of play, can be quick and aggressive or slow and methodical. In addition to playing multiple final tables at the 2004 WSOP, Ram won the European Poker Tour's Irish Masters.
- Barny Boatman burst onto the international poker scene in 1999 when he became Europe's top-ranked Seven Card Stud player. He is recognized on the poker circuit as a formidable and daring opponent, rising to victory at the 2004 Helsinki Freeze Out, after finishing a close second in 2003.
- Joe "The Elegance" Beevers is a former banker who paid for his Bachelor's in finance by giving poker and blackjack lessons to his teachers and friends while in school. Joe is fresh off a seventh-place finish in the Five Star World Poker Classic at the Bellagio where he took home $188,000. In 2004, he won the Four Queens Poker Classic and placed second at The Gaming Club World Poker Championship.
- Ross "Rocky" Boatman is pure theater. Well-known for his eight years as playing the loveable "Kevin" in Britain's most successful TV drama series, London's Burning. His years in front of the camera and on stage have made him one of the world's most unreadable players. Ross is currently the British Omaha Hi/Lo Champion.
This year the Hendon Mob will be hosting a free poker clinic for all media attending the World Series of Poker on July 6th at the Rio Hotel. The Mob will give reporters the inside scoop on outplaying the competition before the annual media tournament which gives reporters a chance to win a seat at the World Series of Poker. Interested reporters should contact Kerry Johnson at Lotus Public Relations, Kerry.Johnson@lotus-pr.com, at 212-922-5885 to reserve their seat at the clinic.
About Prima Poker Network
Prima Poker is the largest online poker network united over 30 online poker rooms. Powered by Microgaming software, the leading developer of Internet gaming systems, Prima Poker ensures that a critical mass of online poker players and a wide variety of games and tournaments are available at any given time. The Prima Poker seal is a symbol of quality, representing the highest standards in online poker play, fairness, and credibility.
Source: Prima Poker Network
Related Poker Articles:
1. Dismal Showing in the Omaha 8 WSOP Event, Hot Rumors and.. (08/06/2005)
2. One Day Report From The World Series of Poker 2005 In Las Vegas (06/06/2005)
3. The World Series of Poker 2005 - Playing For The Gold (02/06/2005)
4. Player on AbsolutePoker BEATS Poker Pro Mark Seif and Wins a.. (25/04/2005)
5. Absolute Poker's Player Faces off with Poker Pro Mark Seif to.. (20/04/2005)