Commerce Casino Scores Largest Land-Based Non-WSOP Poker Tournament Ever With First Event In New "Hold'em Series".(COMMERCE, CA, USA) -
Attracted by a unique format that included a three-day start which allowed players to buy back in on subsequent days if they busted out early - plus a $500,000 guarantee - 3,967 players anted up a $220-buy-in at Commerce Casino to create the largest land-based poker tournament in history outside of the WSOP. It marked the seventh largest event ever in poker - only exceeded by six WSOP tourneys.
3,967 Turn Out for Series Opener Which Featured a $753,730 Prize Pool and $164,627 First Prize Claimed by Los Angeles player Moshe Mashiah after Only a $220-Buy-In. A total prize pool of $753K was shared by all of the 369 players in the money.
"Commerce was jam-packed this past weekend," said the 'Hold'em Series' Tournament Director Matt Savage. "It shows that a little creativity and an opportunity for a second chance at hundreds of thousands of dollars can reinvigorate poker. Commerce continues to stay at the cutting edge of the poker world and this remarkable turnout is a fantastic start to the casino's newest series."
The Hold'em Series held at Commerce Casino, the World's Largest Poker Casino, features 14 more events for Hold'em lovers through Sept. 27. $400,000 and $500,000 Guaranteed Tourney, the Knockout Bounty Event, the Ironman plus the following tourneys Still to come:
- September 22nd (2pm) - A new format joins the Commerce Tournament line up--a $545 Heads Up (Double Elimination) with a $2,500 seat added.
- September 22nd (5pm) - Play Commerce's first $335 Knockout Bounty Tournament with a $100,000 guarantee. For every player you eliminate, you receive $100 cash on the spot!
- September 23rd - If you think you're a tough-guy poker player, than this next event is the real test for you: the $1,600 Ironman Tournament with $10,000 added. This event has NO scheduled breaks! You take care of business or dine leisurely in a restaurant at your own risk, while they blind off your stack! Prepare for hours of focus without relief! But should you win, you'll reap the reward-- 50% paid to first place, and no deals allowed. However, three meals will be served at the table so you won't go hungry.
- September 18-20th - A $335 Buy-in No Limit Hold'em with a $400,000 guarantee.
- September 25-28 - It all wraps up with the $2,580 No Limit Hold'em Main Event featuring a $500,000 guarantee. This three-day event has a structure players will love. For people looking to win their way into the Main Event, $120 Supersatellites with $100 rebuys begin September 10th at 7p.m. and conclude on Sept. 23. MegaSatellites start the next day, Sept. 24, at 11am, 3pm and 7pm. Single Table Satellites are slated for September 10-24, from 10am midnight.
- Eight different events will feature $2,500 seats added.
"We are proud that Commerce Casino continues to demonstrate the vitality of the poker business with our record
breaking tournaments," said John Griffo, Director of Marketing and Advertising. "With our relatively modest buy-ins,
stimulating tournament formats and prize pool guarantees, Commerce remains a powerful draw for today's poker enthusiast
both locally and internationally."
Starting time for most events in the Hold'em Series is 2 p.m. The full event schedule and overview for Commerce Casino's Hold'em Series can be found at www.CommerceCasino.com or by calling (323) 721-2100.
About Commerce Casino
Commerce Casino is the largest poker casino in the world. There are more than 200 poker tables featuring just about every form of poker: Texas Hold'em, 7-Card Stud, Omaha, Lowball, Pot Limit, Mexican Poker, Pineapple, Draw, Low-Ball and many others. Also offered are Pan and California games. Commerce Casino is also recognized for its innovative "Bring Your Home Game to Commerce" program which enables poker fans to invite their friends and family for a casual home game, bachelor party or birthday celebration with a professional dealer in the casino setting.
Related Poker Articles:
1. Commerce Casino Unveils Makeover With Plush New Carpet and.. (22/11/2007)
2. Sit-N-Go Poker Tournaments Arrive At Commerce Casino (18/08/2007)
3. Winners of July 14-15 Ladies Dream Weekend Event May Claim a.. (14/07/2007)
4. "Super Bowl For Women's Poker" On February 3 At Commerce.. (31/01/2007)
5. Commerce Casino LA Poker Classic Ladies Tourney To Award Winner.. (23/01/2007)
6. California State Poker Championship At Commerce Casino Goes.. (28/08/2006)